The Stephen Ministry is a program designed to serve the New Hope congregation. It equips lay persons to provide one on one Christian care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and in our community. It is a confidential ministry: those receiving care may be sure that their identity and what goes on in the caring relationship will remain private.
What Is a Stephen Minister?
Everyone Goes Through Difficult Times.
Is life presently more than you alone can handle?
Are your health, your attitude, and/or your relationships suffering?
Are you adjusting to a new job, a change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, or a recent move?
Maybe you don’t actually have a crisis but would just like to talk things out.
Would you like to have someone in your life who really cares?
Stephen Ministers are committed Christians who:
- Express God’s care through their lives to others
- Are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing a fifty hour intensive course
- Make regular visits in the Fort Myers area and offer Christian support and care
- Participate in support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders
- Receive continuing education throughout their years of service
- Will preserve the confidentiality of their relationship
- Are called to be Caregivers
God is the Cure Giver
A Stephen Minister will:
- Share your burden
- Provide distinctively Christian care
- Listen, not judge
- Prayerfully support you through your present situation
A Stephen Minister is not:
- A counselor or a therapist
- A problem solver
- A casual visitor
To Ask For a Stephen Minister:
Speak with any Stephen Minister or send a confidential email to Pastor Stu. Please include the name and phone number of the person in need. To refer someone else, you must have their permission and give us your name and phone number as well.
*Check out all of our Hope & Help ministries HERE.
*Click HERE to see all the other ministry offerings.